[Tall-Corn] National Convention Updates

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Jun 20 04:04:07 UTC 2019

Good Evening Federation Family:

I hope you've had a chance to read through the agenda for national
convention.  I have a few things to ccall to your attention as you plan for
what is sure to be a great time in Las Vegas.
The Iowa Caucus is currently scheduled for Tuesday, July 9, from 5:30 PM to
6:30 PM in Coral A. Please bring your banquet tickets with you as we will be
collecting them for the banquet ticket exchange so that we can work on
reserving tables in the banquet hall. This meeting will also give us a
chance to connect and find out who made it to convention from Iowa!

If you have not registered for convention, please do so as soon as possible
when you get there  based on the registration times in the agenda. So far,,
Iowa has a good showing, but I know it can be even better, and I know there
are likely some people who are not in our ccurrent numbers. I set a goal of
70 people this year, and we're not far off!

If you are interested in working at the NFB Independence Market at the
exhibit hall this year, please get with me as soonn as possible so that I
can turn your information in to the national organization and we can  work
on getting you a  shift. This is a good experience for people to have, and I
hope to see some people from Iowa working there!

The Imaginationn Fund and the White Cane fund committees have combined this
year,, and the meeting for the White Cane and Affiliate Finance committee is
scheduled for Wednesday, July 10, from 7:00-9:00 PM in Tradewinds C. If
you're interested in learning about successful fundraising or about how to
locate and write successful grants for our affiliate, I would love to hear
from you! I could appoint someone since every state has been asked to send a
person to this meeting, but I thought I would reach out for volunteers
first. If your interested, please  contact me as soon as possible.

If you have not yet signed up for a  shift at our exhibit hall table, please
gget in touch with Mike Harvey as soon as possible so that he can continue
to fill the remainder of the schedule. If you have any more questions about
that, you can contact him or get in touch with me.

I think that's all the updates I have for now. As I get more convention
information, I will certainly pass it along. Let's make this convention one
of the best ones ever! See you in Vegas!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.