[Tall-Corn] FW: FW: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Accessible Media Specialist
Scott Van Gorp
svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Mar 14 19:55:03 UTC 2019
Scott Van Gorp, President
National Federation of the Blind of Iowa
<mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email
Live the life you want.
The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
From: Tall-Corn [mailto:tall-corn-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Janice Eggers via Tall-Corn
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:00 PM
Cc: Janice Eggers
Subject: [Tall-Corn] FW: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Accessible Media Specialist
This is a courtesy copy of an email bulletin sent by Janice Eggers - DFB.
This bulletin was sent to the following groups of people:
Subscribers of DFB_JobPostings (289 recipients)
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/23661ea> here
Iowa Department for the Blind logo <https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/fancy_images/IACIO/2017/02/1217221/1218970/department-for-the-blind-logo-2_crop.png>
Accessible Media Specialist
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Salary Minimum: $50,980.80
Salary Maximum: $77,563.20
Post Close Date: March 26, 2019
Point of Contact: Sarah Willeford at <mailto:Sarah.Willeford at blind.state.ia.us> Sarah.Willeford at blind.state.ia.us
Job Description: Applicants are strongly encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume to the online application.
The Iowa Department for the Blind (IDB) is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Services Specialist for the Blind 2 to fill the role of Accessible Media Specialist within the Iowa Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (ILBPH). This position is responsible for providing resources, training and support in the development of accessible and alternative resources, programs and services.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
Accessibility and Alternative Formats
* Reviews and ensures new library and IDB services are accessible
* Works with students and educators in the use of learning management systems to assist in accessibility and access needs
* Works with public, employers, schools, public librarians, organizations and other agencies in the development of accessible documents, forms and websites
* Creates and assist in creating accessible documents and forms
* Recommends and explains how services can be improved to serve all users through universal design and accessibility
* Develops and supports the use of accessible Open Educational Resources (OERs)
* Provides training in accessibility topics including; accessible documents, universal design and alternative medias to various audiences
* Develops on-line and in-person trainings for library tools and accessibility tools
* Develops strategies for using computer software and applications with speech and braille screen access systems to be shared with staff and patrons
* Writes, edits, revises, formats and produces tutorial documents on accessibility topics in print and electronic formats
* Compiles statistics and reports regarding and services as directed
Reference Services for Assistive Technology
* Assists library patrons and the public in the use of assistive technology, programs and applications to ensure access to information
* Provides training in the use of BARD, Online Catalog and other library services
* Assists staff and the public in the use of information resources and library collections; identifies types of materials available, answers questions regarding the library's collections
* Manage patron accounts through the use of the library's integrated library system and applying National Library Service and library policies and procedures
* Work regularly scheduled shifts at the information desks, as well as substituting as needed
Makerspace and STEM Resource Development
* Assist Youth Services Librarian in the development, implementation and maintenance of the library Makerspace and the development of STEM programming and resources
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in technical writing, education, computer science, or related fields and experience equal to three years of full-time work in technology, education, computer science, engineering or a closely related field;
an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting the equivalent of one year of full-time work experience, outlined above, for each year of the required education to a maximum substitution of three years.
For additional information, please click on this <https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2382478/accessible-media-specialist?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> link to view the job description. <https://get.adobe.com/reader/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> (Download PDF reader)
A proud partner of the american job center network <https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/fancy_images/IACIO/2017/02/1217332/1218980/american-job-center-logo_crop.jpg>
E-mail: <mailto:information at blind.state.ia.us> information at blind.state.ia.us
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 Fourth Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
Stay Connected with the Iowa Department for the Blind:
<https://www.facebook.com/idbonline/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Facebook <https://twitter.com/idbonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Twitter <https://blind.iowa.gov/newsroom/blogs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Blog <https://www.youtube.com/user/IDBonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> Youtube <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/topics?qsp=IACIO_30> Govdelivery
Manage Subscriptions <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/edit?preferences=true#tab1> Help <https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/> <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/23661ea?reqfrom=share> Bookmark and Share
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: Untitled attachment 00016.txt
More information about the Tall-Corn