[Tall-Corn] FW: [NFBNJ] scam alert

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 21:59:26 UTC 2019

From: NFBNJ [mailto:nfbnj-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of joe ruffalo via
NFBNJ
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:07 PM
To: joe ruffalo via NFBNJ <nfbnj at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [NFBNJ] scam alert

Greetings to all!

In the past few weeks, I have forwarded information pertaining to scams.

I have provided an alert from Anne Marie Harris.

To all,when receiving email messages, if something does not feel right,
delete.

When receiving a call, if something does not sound right, hang up.

See below.

Joe

From: Anne Marie Harris

Hi Joe,

Today I received a call on my land line with a message saying it was Apple.

They said my I cloud had been compromised and to press a prompt to speak

with an operator. I hung up and called Apple from my I phone. The rep viewed

my security info and looked for notes verifying Apple had reached out to me.

There was no sign of foul play or contact notes from Apple. She advised me

to change my password. She also said it wasn't common to receive a random

call from Apple. Please  share this current scam with our NFB members.

Thanks,

Anne Marie