[Tall-Corn] Organizational Update - Leadership changes for the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Tue Nov 26 04:57:21 UTC 2019

Good Evening Fellow Federationists:

I am writing to let you all know of an important change in the leadership of
the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa effective November 10, 2019.
Katy Olsen, our second-vice president, sent written notice to me and to the
board of directors that she had decided to resign from the office of second
vice-president due to reasons of a personal nature. The board voted to
regretfully accept her resignation at our November 10th meeting. While she
has stepped away from this position, she is still actively involved in the
Iowa affiliate and remains president of the Iowa Association of Blind
Students.

I want to personally say thank you,  Katy, for your work as second
vice-president, and I hope you can one day return to a leadership role on
our affiliate board again. Your input has been invaluable over these past
years as an affiliate board member, second vice-president and president of
the student division. I know you will continue to do an outstanding job with
our students, and I can't wait to see where else you can make an impact in
the lives of Blind Iowans and the blind of this country as a whole. We all
look forward to working with you in the months and years to come. I have no
doubt that you will continue to help us all build the National Federation of
the Blind of Iowa and the National Federation of the Blind!

Cordially:

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.