[Tall-Corn] FW: Courtesy Copy: Job Posting - Summer Reading Program Coordinator
Janice.Eggers at blind.state.ia.us
Thu Apr 23 14:17:57 UTC 2020
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser here<https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/28803ee>
[Iowa Department for the Blind]
Summer Reading Program Coordinator<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iowa/jobs/2768334/summer-reading-program-coordinator?department%5B0%5D=131+Iowa+Department+for+the+Blind&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>
Location: Des Moines, IA
Job Type: Internship
Agency: 131 Iowa Department for the Blind
Job Number: 20-02537
Post Close Date: May 5, 2020
Point of Contact: Sarah Willeford<mailto:sarah.willeford at blind.state.ia.us>
As a Summer Reading Program Coordinator member at the Library, you will be an integral part of our summer reading program. You will assist in the coordination of our Summer Reading program outreach programs, work with staff to provide programs and materials to youth, help with planning and conducting online events and special public events. No two days will be the same – flexibility and adaptability are key aspects of your role!
Your Summer Reading Corps member duties include:
You will be involved in all facets of the summer reading program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Expand the development and delivery of ILBPH's summer reading program.
2. Coordinate with partner public libraries, other organizations, and library staff to provide summer outreach programs
3. Create and promote an online summer reading program
4. Track data related to the programs
5. Register eligible participants for library services, programs, and the summer reading program
You might be the right person if:
* You can successfully communicate with a diverse group of people through various channels – public speaking, written communications, one-on-one trainings, etc.
* You are comfortable and confident working with computers.
* Your peers consider you to be highly organized.
* You are computer savvy and know the basics of the Microsoft Office suite.
* You enjoy working independently and can effectively manage your time – when things are slow or hectic.
* Being a part of a team and working towards the greater good fuels you.
This job will allow you to:
* Gain valuable experience that can translate to future library, non-profit, government, and corporate employment opportunities.
* Develop professional skills while sharing your talents with the community.
* Take advantage of Iowa Campus Compact/Corporation for National and Community
Service program benefits supported outside of the Library including:
* Living allowance during time of service – totaling $3,000 over nine weeks
* Education award at end of service – $1,289.95
* Get to know the Library staff for the excellent, friendly resource that they are.
* Become knowledgeable about the Library facility and its many resources.
* Give back to your community through service.
What you bring to the table:
* Ability to commit to a nine week term of service starting May 26, 2020.
* Ability to attend a mandatory online training on May 20th or 22nd.
* Ability to work comfortably with people, systems, and technology.
* A positive, "can-do" attitude that has you excited to walk in the Library's door and get started.
* Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to walk, bend, reach, sit, and stand for periods of time.
Your time commitment:
* This is a full-time, nine week program commitment. Service at the Library is 5/26/20- 7/25/20.
* Summer Reading Corps members are allowed to hold outside employment if it does not conflict with their Library duties.
How do I apply?
* Positions will be filled on a rolling basis until May 5, 2020.
* Must be a United States citizen, a United States national, or a legal permanent resident the United States and at least 17 years of age.
* Must have obtained a high school diploma, GED, or is working to obtain during their term of service.
* The Member must pass Iowa Campus Compact's review of the Member's criminal history. All prospective AmeriCorps Members are subject to a National Sex Offender Registry check using the National Sex Office Public Website (NSOPW), Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) Criminal Background Check, state of residence (if other than Iowa) check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and (the FBI check includes fingerprinting).
* Submit cover letter and resume
This is an Unpaid internship
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Applicants for positions in this class must be currently enrolled students in a degree program at an accredited educational institution, as determined by the Iowa Department of Administrative Services – Human Resources Enterprise.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description<https://das.iowa.gov/sites/default/files/hr/documents/class_and_pay/JobClassDescriptions/AdministrativeIntern-00705.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> (Download PDF reader)<https://get.adobe.com/reader/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery>.
[A proud partner of the american job center network]
E-mail: information at blind.state.ia.us<mailto:information at blind.state.ia.us>
Iowa Department for the Blind
524 Fourth Street
Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
Stay Connected with the Iowa Department for the Blind:
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/idbonline/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/idbonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Blog] <https://blind.iowa.gov/newsroom/blogs?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/IDBonline?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> [Govdelivery] <https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/topics?qsp=IACIO_30>
Manage Subscriptions<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/subscriber/edit?preferences=true#tab1> Help<https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/> [Bookmark and Share] <https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/IACIO/bulletins/28803ee?reqfrom=share>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tall-Corn