[Tall-Corn] FW: Conlin's Rental Unit

m.barber817 at gmail.com m.barber817 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:52:17 UTC 2020

I wouldn’t normally do this, but there is a condo unit in our building at 2880 Grand Avenue in Des Moines for rent if someone is looking for a place to live.  The details are below.

Subject: Conlin's Rental Unit

Good morning all.

We've had an interesting communication from JB Conlin, owner of unit 107 in our building.  This unit was the former residence of our good friend, Dorothy Schatz, for 22 years.

JB's having difficulty finding the right person to rent the unit.

This is one of only two rentals remaining in Summit House and it's "grandfathered" to be rentable so long as Conlin Properties owns the unit.   Our Horizontal Regime states such a rental must be for a minimum of two years.  Conlin says he'll make any mutually agreed upon improvement a new renter desires and fold that investment into a long term lease.  Conlin Properties is asking $1595 per month for rent.  The unit has 2-bedrooms, 2- bathrooms.

Though the Board would prefer that Conlin Properties sell the unit, I'm happy to see that JB is attempting to improve the property and find a long term client who would better fit the profile of our community here at Summit House.

JB kindly asks that if we know someone who would be a good long term renter to please alert them to this opportunity, or contact JB directly at:

JB Conlin
Conlin Properties, Inc.
3721 SW. 61st St., Suite A
Des Moines, IA 50321
JBConlin at ConlinProperties.com<mailto:JBConlin at ConlinProperties.com <mailto:JBConlin at ConlinProperties.com> >
515-246-2936