[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] We stand in solidarity with victims and survivors

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Sat Dec 12 20:45:32 UTC 2020

Good Afternoon Federation Family:

You may get this more than once, and for that I apologize, but the below
information needs to be circulated so that everyone receives it. I'm not
going to add too much more than what is here, except for the following. The
below policy statement is coming from our national organizational leadership
and applies to us all. The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa stands
with our national organization in solidarity with victims and survivors as
outlined below. Our code of conduct is clear, and it has also been updated
to reflect clearer language in several sections that may apply here and
elsewhere. I strongly encourage everyone to review the code of conduct on
the website and I urge you, if there are any questions, please feel free to
reach out to leadership at all levels and we will do our best to address
them. I have been following various threads and posts surrounding this
topic, and while this is not an issue unique to the blindness community, it
has gained the attention of a number of entities in various circles, and
that is why we as an organization and as individuals need to come together
to stand with those affected and speak out on behalf of those who may not be
able to for a number of reasons. Please read the below email in its
entirety, and again, please reach out if there are any questions!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.