[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] We stand in solidarity with victims and survivors

Elizabeth Rouse elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 04:37:55 UTC 2020

Katy,
I want to start by thanking you for sharing your story. Telling people
about our experiences with trauma is not easy, and I am proud of you for
standing up for your self. You deserve nothing short of the utmost respect,
and I’m sorry that you did not feel the respect you deserve while in the
Iowa affiliate.
I hope that your message serves as an open door for other survivors to
express themselves in whatever way they feel comfortable. As someone who
has also undergone the Code of Conduct process and been crushingly
disappointed with its results, I know we each have to come to terms with
both the trauma of an incident and the resulting fallout that that trauma
incurs.
Please know that I am always here to support you and anyone else who feels
as if their voice has been silenced intentionally or inadvertently. It is
my deepest hope that our state affiliate and the Federation as a whole will
join me in this sentiment both in written word and in physical action.
This time has been given to us to listen to and respect one another.
Ideally, the opportunity will also give us a chance to heal both
individually and together.
Always your unwavering supporter,
Elizabeth

--