[Tall-Corn] FW: [DSM-Iowa] Sad news from IDB

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Fri Jan 3 02:27:30 UTC 2020

Good Evening All:

I’m just getting back into things after being away and didn’t have access to my laptop to send this out. Many of you have seen this on the tall corn list, but I wanted to hit those who hadn’t. There will be another one with the obituary since the service has already happened. The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa sends condolences to Rick’s family and all who knew, worked with, or were taught by him.

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website
 <https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Hi all, it is with a heavy heart that I share with you all that Rick Frambach who as many of you know taught woodshop at the Orientation center passed away last night around 8:00 PM. Rick was diagnosed with brain cancer just a little more than 3 months ago. He did undergo some treatments, and seemed to be on the mend when several of us saw him on December 6th. He was transported to Cavanaugh house on Thursday, and he passed on Christmas night. services will be on Saturday. As soon as I have more info, I will send it out. If anyone has questions or needs anything, feel free to reach out.

Sincerely,

Mike Harvey, President
Des Moines Chapter
615-554-0695 <tel:615-554-0695>