[Tall-Corn] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Almost There! National Convention News & Updates

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Mon Jul 6 13:34:10 UTC 2020

I’m going to try this once more. I apologize to all as I want everyone to
get the information. Thanks in advance for your pationce.

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Good Morning Federation Family:

I wanted to send the below information again for those who may have missed
it because it has some very important information and reminders. I would
call your attention to a couple of things.

First, the Rookie Roundup is tomorrow night and it is the first convention
event. I would encourage everyone to be there since we’re all rookies in the
virtual convention space this year.

Second, if you registered for convention, you should have received
information about how to enroll to vote if you are an active member of the
Federation. If you have questions around that, please let me know right away
as voting enrollment ends June 12 at 12PM eastern time. Please note, just
because you may have registered for convention, that does not automatically
enroll you for convention voting! See below for additional details on these
two items and much more! I will have updates on many more items in the
coming days including details about this year’s affiliate caucus, so stay
tuned!

Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:05 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Almost There! National Convention News &
Updates

<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/imag
es/2020-national-covention-email-graphic.jpg>

Here are the latest convention updates.

National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind
July 14 through July 18
Anywhere & Everywhere

The convention is right around the corner. Please continue to stay tuned for
more announcements as they become available. We encourage you to share this
information with chapter members who may not receive emails.

More information can also be found at nfb.org/convention
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17595&qid=3870574> .
Información en Español
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17596&qid=3870574> .

Next Week: Attend the Rookie Roundup

This year is a first for all of us. All convention attendees are cordially
invited to attend a welcoming Zoom meeting Tuesday, July 7 from 8:30 to 9:30
p.m. EDT. President Riccobono and Pam Allen will be on hand to kick off the
convention a week before it starts and preview its activities.

Click this link to join: https://zoom.us/j/91250893803
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17597&qid=3870574>
Or dial: +1 301 715 8592
Zoom Webinar ID: 912 5089 3803
One-tap mobile: +13017158592,,91250893803#

To learn about Zoom, read the Braille Monitor article,
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17598&qid=3870574>
”The Room is Zoom: An Overview for Many of the National Convention
Sessions.”

Agenda Now Available

The 2020 National Convention agenda is now available
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17599&qid=3870574>
for your review. Zoom links are coming soon. Please note that some divisions
require registration for their sessions.

Attention Members: Voting Update

NFB members registered for the 2020 National Convention are invited to
enroll to vote. If you are an active member of the Federation, you will
receive a separate email regarding how to enroll. You must enroll a single
phone number and vote only from that number. Voting will be done via text or
phone. Enrollment is optional, but members are encouraged to participate
actively in the convention decision making. The voting enrollment deadline
is 12:00 p.m. EDT on Sunday, July 12.

Legal Office Hours

Disability rights attorneys will be available to discuss employment
discrimination, access barriers, and other concerns with individuals
Tuesday, July 14, and Wednesday, July 15, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. EDT.
Schedule your private, twenty-minute appointment by emailing
vyingling at nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17600&qid=3870574> .

Host a Banquet Party

Formal attire. Favorite dishes. Federation family. The annual banquet is the
highlight of each convention. Following local guidance, host a banquet party
with members near you! During the banquet, we will drop into parties, giving
you a chance to say hello to the whole convention. If you'll be hosting a
banquet party, please email rstevens at nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17601&qid=3870574>
or call 410-659-9314, extension 2246, with your contact information by
Monday, July 13.

Pre-Convention Activities

Give $20 Campaign
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17398&qid=381873
3>
NFB20 Discussion on Facebook
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17399&qid=381873
3>
#NFB20 Discussion on Twitter
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17602&qid=3870574>

Coming Soon

Check your inbox next week for more information about accessing the
convention mobile app and the virtual exhibit hall.

Reminders

Accommodations and Captions

Requests for specific accommodations were due to us thirty days prior to the
convention. We are committed to providing captioning for every general
meeting and for those meetings attended by deafblind participants. If you
have questions about accommodations, please email jerniganinstitute at nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17603&qid=3870574> .

Code of Conduct

Please review our code of conduct
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17604&qid=3870574> .
Prohibited behavior or misuse of the NFB National Convention platform will
not be tolerated and may result in removal from the convention and/or other
consequences. For assistance or to report an incident during the convention,
call 410-659-9314, extension 2475 or email coc at nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17605&qid=3870574> .

We look forward to a great convention! #NFB20
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17602&qid=3870574>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17606&qid=3870574>
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17606&qid=3870574>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17607&qid=3870574>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17608&qid=3870574>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17609&qid=3870574>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17610&qid=3870574>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17611&qid=3870574>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

Unsubscribe
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=14521&qid=38705
74&h=ec1c0c3920aaa1f1>  | Opt Out
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=14521&qid=3870574&h=
ec1c0c3920aaa1f1>  |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17612&qid=3870574>

..

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avg.com