[Tall-Corn] Show Your Support: A Challenge from IABS!

Elizabeth Rouse elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:31:55 UTC 2020

Greetings affiliate membership!
Please see below for an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Iowa Association of Blind Students in coming weeks. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and consideration!

The National Association of Blind Students is hosting its annual Washington Seminar auction this February completely online! As NABS is gathering auction items, the Iowa Association of Blind Students are itching to get involved. Per many discussions had at the Iowa State convention this year pertaining to student and affiliate shared involvement, we’d love to extend a challenge for affiliate members and chapters alike to rise to support the cause!
IABS is working alongside other Midwest student divisions to compile a Midwest themed basket. As Iowa’s affiliate is usually known for our scissors and popcorn, we’re reaching out for other donations from around the state to sweeten the mix. A gift card to your favorite nationally spread restaurant? Great! A smart device used to access NFB Newsline? Fantastic! A new Hawkeyes blanket you’d love to pass along? Sweet! A cash donation you’d like to throw into the mix? We’ll never say no! All ideas and donations welcome!
We’ll chip in for popcorn, but we’d love for you all to join in the fun. We’ve even challenged the affiliate board to provide scissors. :)
What do you say? Ready to face the challenge head on? If you have a donation to make as an individual member or chapter, we’d love to hear from you by Friday, November 20. Please contact IABS President, Elizabeth Rouse, at elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com <mailto:elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com> or by phone at 563-210-1854.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and donations!

With respect and well wishes,
Iowa Association of Blind Students Board of Directors