[Tall-Corn] convention committee updates

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Oct 22 13:19:13 UTC 2020

Good Morning Federation Family:

It's hard to believe we're just 8 days from the convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of Iowa 2020 edition. The agenda is almost complete
now, so you'll be seeing that very soon. I wanted to update you on the
chairs for this year's committees and let you know of a couple of changes
with regards to resolutions.

First, the committee chairs. The audit committee chair is Karen Clayton, and
the nominating chair is Bob Ray. Cindy Ray is our convention coordinator.
Door prizes are being handled by our fundraising and PAC chair, Chelsea
Page. We've had to make a change to the resolutions committee. Michael
Barber is unable to serve this year due to health concerns, so I have asked
Sharonda Goode to step in as resolutions chair this year. We wish Michael
all the best and we will miss him at convention in this role. If you have
sent resolutions to Michael previously, please resend those to Sharonda. You
can email them to

s.goode1013 at gmail.com <mailto:s.goode1013 at gmail.com>

Sharonda has asked that resolutions be received in final form by October 27,
2020 for consideration by the committee. Please do not delay on submitting
them as the committee will want time to review them before their meeting.

I'll have more convention items to send out shortly, but I wanted to get
this information out to all of you. Please feel free to reach out if there
are any questions!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.