[Tall-Corn] rotomatic rule

Mick mfixsen at iowatelecom.net
Mon Aug 30 15:38:05 UTC 2021

I have a couple recommendations for anyone having them made, or even if
buying them from General Machine.

1. Have the extension rods made out of 3/8" round aluminum bar stock. The
aluminum round stock can be purchased in a strong enough alloy to work just
as good as steel and are a lot lighter in weight.

2. Thread the connections with 10-24 threads to use this size set screws for
the connections. If I remember correctly, either the Rotamatic or the click
rule  used 10-32 threads originally. It is advantageous to have them all the
same size so that extension bars can be used with both measuring devices. It
is easy to retap the 10-32 thread to the 10-24 size, but not the other way
around.

3. If you are serious at using either the Rotamatic, or Click rule, it is
advantageous to have 2 or more 36" long extension bars. I have used them
linked together for over 12 feet. You do have to handle it carefully at
these very long lenghts.

A general note-

I know some places are telling the blind that Braille rules, tape measures,
and talking tape measures work just fine. I do not agree in any way. These
devices are good for gross inaccurate measuring and estimates, but are not
nearly accurate for good measuring by the blind. The Clickrule is faster to
use than the Rotamatic, but is less accurate and because of the size and
shape of the measuring head, it poses difficulties with some kinds of
measuring.