[Tall-Corn] Des Moines Register on NFB newsline

Richard nf5b at mediacombb.net
Fri Dec 17 15:22:15 UTC 2021

Greetings colleagues,

Has anybody else noted the dearth of content from the Des Moines register
lately?  Apparently they're consistently giving us the obituaries, which
is good, but the news is sparse to nonexistent, mostly the puff pieces and
not much substantial when it comes to the workings of our state and local
governments.

I'm willing to follow up on finding out from Newsline hq what the issue is
if others are also concerned, but if I"m the only one who cares will just
let it ride, grab the AP Iowa newsfeed as well and hope for at least
somewhat reasonable results getting Iowa news from there, although i fnd
it doesn't really give us as good as we used to get when we were getting
the fuller news section of the daily paper.

This issue used to crop up from time to time over the last year or so,
usually on weekends, but now it seems to be an every day occurrence.

So, if yhou've primarily used the REgister to get your Iowa news fix and
are concerned about this, post here, and talk to your fellow newsline
users who might not be linked here.  IF there's an interest I"ll follow it
up.

Regards,

Richard