[Tall-Corn] FW: Request for Information

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Tue Feb 2 22:53:55 UTC 2021

Good Afternoon Federation Family:

Please see the request below, and if you can help, please contact Hanna
Geisinger directly at the information she has listed. Thanks!

From: Hanna Geisinger <Hanna.Geisinger at blind.state.ia.us>
Subject: Request for Information

Good morning Scott,

I am putting together some information for College Prep I can use with
students in the Iowa Department for the Blind's Orientation Center who are
interested in going to college after their graduation here. Could you help
me spread the word through NFBI, as I am looking for stories from people who
have gone to college and had any sort of struggle with doing things
non-visually. It could be social situations, working with DSO, issues with
college instructors, really anything and everything. What I'd like to get is
what the issue was, and how they handled it. This will help me be able to
build a foundation of what sort of things I can cover with my students, and
getting as many real-life problems people have faced as possible will help
me be able to work with people to find solutions and how to handle these
things if it happens to them.  Please let me know if you have any questions
at all! These can be sent to my email: hanna.geisinger at blind.state.ia.us
<mailto:hanna.geisinger at blind.state.ia.us>  or if needed, they can always
call me at 515-218-5665.

Thank you so much in advance,

Hanna Geisinger

Life Skills and Jobs Class Instructor

Iowa Department for the Blind

515.218.5665

 <https://blind.iowa.gov/> https://blind.iowa.gov

"A proud partner in the American Job Center network"