[Tall-Corn] How Do We Build Beneficial Collaborations?

Wade Hemmelrick cheeriosandv8 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 22:18:53 UTC 2021

Dear Mr. President and Federation Family:

How does this collaborative idea sound? The National Federation of the
Blind, Mattel, and BP could team up to develop a 1/64 scale talking
remote control diecast BP truck. Mattel is already hard at work making
environmentally friendly toys, such as durable plastic Hot Wheels and
Matchbox diecast vehicles. BP is strongly committed to improving the
environment by implementing zero carbon emissions standards and other
methods for earth friendly energy consumption. Accessibility is our
specialty in the National Federation of the Blind. A talking 1/64
scale remote control BP truck with rechargeable batteries could
operate on the floor or standard Hot Wheels tracks. Diecast racing is
fast evolving from a traditionally childhood pastime/hobby to an
official sport geared to interested miniature car lovers of all ages,
directions, backgrounds, and abilities. That also includes blind
diecast racers. As the first known blind Iowa diecast racer (and
here's hoping many more blind diecast racers will join us), I have
created Iowa Diecast Racers, an interest group on Facebook promoting
the love of diecast racing. I am active in Orange Track Racing, a
Cedar Rapids, Iowa based racing organization that has been a
local/regional staple for sixteen years. As a blind diecast racing
fan, I have learned nonvisual ways of enjoying this official sport and
still find out yet other avenues to appreciate the love of this all
time activity unhindered by physical blindness. Thank you for giving
this collaborative thinking a good whirl so that more blind diecast
racers can enjoy this official sport while being kind to our
surroundings.

With Best Regards,

Wade Hemmelrick