[Tall-Corn] FW: [NFB-Hams] [BlindMath] Fwd: [MD-Sligo] Lloyd Rasmussen

rjray at q.com rjray at q.com
Tue Sep 14 14:20:01 UTC 2021

The items below are a small reflection of a person who some of us in the NFBI knew very well. Lloyd Rasmussen was probably my closest friend from first grade until we graduated together in 1965. IBSSS did their best to cause Lloyd not to be friends with me but.. I have said many times that between Lloyd’s brains and my mouth we were able to get many things done.

In the NFBI Lloyd was a member of the Cedar Rapids Chapter in the late sixties and early seventies. He was active in the Des Moines Chapter until he moved to Maryland to take a position with NLS where his final project was being one of the engineers involved in the E-Reader project.

It is also noteworthy that many of the NFB songs were composed by Lloydand other members of his Maryland Chapter.

Bob Ray

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, 07:31 David Andrews via BlindMath, <blindmath at nfbnet.org <mailto:blindmath at nfbnet.org> > wrote:

>I am sad to have to pass this along. As many people know, Lloyd
>worked for NLS for many years, in technical roles, and was involved
>in digital talking books, and many other projects. Lloyd's technical
>knowledge never ceased to amaze me. He could answer more questions
>than about anyone else I know. I will miss him.

Dave Andrews