[Tall-Corn] Dog Guide Group

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 16:31:30 UTC 2021

Tomorrow is the big day—the start of the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa State Convention, virtually, anywhere and everywhere. There is a lot of exciting information in the convention this year, but I thought I would draw your attention to this particular piece of news.
The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is hoping to form a guide dog group. It would not be an affiliate of the state or of NAGDU at this time, but it would be a committee. This group won’t have a lot of structure, but it will seek to find ways in which we can help our brothers and sisters who use guide dogs. Also, it is fun to get together with other guide dog handlers throughout the state. The  president of the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) will be attending the convention, so he will have plenty of wisdom to share.
The time for our meeting is 2:00 p.m. CDT. We would welcome guide dog handlers, as well as people who are interested in applying for and receiving a guide dog. I hope you can all come.
Thank you so much for your interest.
Cindy