[Tall-Corn] Meet the blind in April

Richard nf5b at mediacombb.net
Mon Apr 4 14:12:30 UTC 2022

Greetings colleagues,

The Southeast Iowa chapter will be conducting a bit of public education
this Saturday, a little "Meet the blind" activity in April.

The event will take place This Saturday, April 9 in lieu of our regular
chapter meeting at Westland Mall in West Burlington, Ia.

Of course we plan to do the usual distribution of literature, including
braille alphabet cards and offer the usual demonstrations such as put
the sighted person under shades and hand him/her a long white cane.

We'll have a few adaptive tools such as measuring devices for the home
and workshop available plus adapted games, etc.

Anyone in eastern Iowa, or anywhere else for that matter, which would
like to take part please meet us at the main entrance of WEstland Mall
Saturday morning around 10:00 a.m.  This is especially true if you have
something you'd like to contribute such as adapative tools and
equipment.

The mall isn't as busy as it was in past years, but I'm sure we'll find
a few folks expressing an interest in what we're about.

If possible come join us, Saturday, April 9.  We'll probably remain on
site as long as we can muster volunteers that day.

Regards,

Richard Webb