[Tall-Corn] Conbvention Registration forms

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Wed Aug 10 02:05:28 UTC 2022

Good Evening Federation Family:

I know everyone is excited to get registered for this year's state
convention. The forms are almost ready to go, but I did encounter an error
in testing this evening that our webmaster will work with the national
organization to resolve before we can publish the forms. Hopefully this will
be fixed quickly and I can give everyone the links tomorrow. I wanted to
come out and provide a little information on what people can expect as far
as registration pricing and a couple of other things.

*	In person registration: $25.00 by September 1, $30 at convention.
*	Friday Evening Meal/welcome reception: $0 (Compliments of the Des
Moines Chapter.)
*	Saturday breakfast Buffet: $25.00 by September 1, $30.00 at
convention subject to availability.
*	Saturday Lunch: $25.00 by September 1, $30.00 at convention subject
to availability.
*	Saturday Banquet: $50.00 by September 1, $55.00 at convention
subject to availability.
*	Virtual registration: $15.00 by September 5.

We will have separate forms for in person and virtual registrations, and
I'll also share the printable forms for those who wish to send in checks
once the online ones are ready to go.

Please notify us of any food allergies/special requests by September 1,
otherwise we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate them.

2022 Chapter dues must have been paid prior to the annual business meeting
in order to be eligible to vote. We will not be accepting 2023 dues with
registration for this convention since the period for collecting such dues
would not start until October, 2022. The exception to this is the At Large
chapter which typically collects dues at its annual meeting at convention.

This year's convention coordinator is Cindy Ray. Meal requests and other
convention needs can be passed on to her by calling 515-334-7231 or by
emailing cindyray at gmail.com <mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>

Chelsea Van Gorp is handling door prizes again this year and we'll be
providing more information on how to get prizes in soon.

I will share information on our committees for this year's convention later
in the week once assignments are finalized.

I think that's all I have for this update. More to come!!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.