[Tall-Corn] State Convention updates and reminders

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Sat Aug 27 17:57:28 UTC 2022

Good Afternoon Federation Family:

I wanted to provide a few updates and reminders regarding our upcoming state
convention in just a few short days.

In-person registrations are due by September 1 if paying online, and
postmarked by that date if mailing in checks. If mailing, please allow time
for the Labor day holiday. The same goes for mailing in door prizes! Virtual
registrations are due by September 5.

Hotel rooms are still available for those who would like to join us in
person. Please call Amanda at (515) 727-0401 to make your reservation as
soon as possible! You can check in as early as September 8, and check out as
late at September 11 at 12PM.

If you have any dietary needs for meals at convention, please contact Cindy
Ray at 515-334-7231 or by email at cindyray at gmail.com
<mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>  so that we may work with the hotel to make
arrangements as needed. We will be unable to adjust those after September 1.

The agenda's first publication is nearing its final stages. We will send it
out to the list and also publish it on the website. Parts of the convention
are subject to change, so stay tuned for updates as we move closer to
convention time!

Part of our most important work for convention is done through committees.
One of these is the nominating committee. This year we have all five
officers and two board member positions that will be up for election. If you
are interested in running for the offices of president, first
vice-president, second vice-president, secretary , treasurer, or one of the
two board positions for a two-year term, please contact our nominating
committee chair, Bob Ray at 515-334-7231 or by email at bray at nfbi.org
<mailto:bray at nfbi.org>  and your name will be considered by the committee.

Resolutions are another important part of convention. If you have a
resolution to be considered, please get it to resolutions chair Cindy Ray at
her information listed earlier in this message. Please have those in final
form to her no later than September 5.

The audit committee is being chaired by Karen Clayton again this year, and I
have no doubt they will do an outstanding job.

I appreciate the work of all of our committees and other people who will no
doubt make this convention successful. To all who will be in person, it will
be great to see you! If you are joining us virtually, we hope you enjoy the
activities as well. Let's work to make this year's convention one of our
best yet! Please reach out if there are any questions! Let's go build the
Federation, and make this a great convention!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.