[Tall-Corn] Affiliate Update - BELL Academy

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Wed Feb 16 03:27:13 UTC 2022

Good evening Federation Family:

At our state convention last fall, the board voted to move forward with a
BELL academy in 2022. After careful consideration of the ever-changing
landscape surrounding Covid-19 and what may or may not happen over the next
few months, however, the board voted at our February meeting to postpone an
in-person BELL academy to 2023. We believe the safety of our BELL families,
volunteers, and anyone else involved is of the utmost importance, regardless
of mitigation efforts or lack thereof depending on circumstances, and we
felt that it was not worth the risk and didn't want the affiliate in a
position where we would be liable in any way. This pause on in-person BELL
activities will also put the affiliate in a better position to fund raise,
market, and make a 2023 BELL academy even more successful. In the meantime,
we encourage families to sign up for the BELL Academy in home addition later
this summer and will share that information as well. We hope anyone
interested in promoting, working with, or otherwise being involved with BELL
next year in Iowa will be ready to go in 2023, and we look forward to seeing
the results of our work then! Please feel free to reach out if there are any
questions!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.