[Tall-Corn] story and documents related to Iowa Prison Industries and Braille production

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Tue Feb 22 23:06:22 UTC 2022

Good Afternoon Federation Family:

KCRG in Cedar Rapids did a story on Iowa Prison Industries, IPI, and
concerns raised by the Iowa Department for the Blind regarding Braille
production and other matters. I think you'll find some shocking revelations
here. You can find the story and related documents at the following site.

https://www.kcrg.com/2022/02/16/state-agency-believes-prisoners-had-access-s
tudents-information-took-more-than-two-years-make-change/

I would encourage all of us to continue to follow these developments and get
involved as we need to. As more information becomes available, especially
regarding our role in advocating for the blind children of Iowa, I'll share
what I get as I receive it.

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.