[Tall-Corn] The Latest Update for the Uber App

tpoldberg at gmail.com tpoldberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:37:11 UTC 2022

I am writing this because I have found some rather disturbing things
regarding the latest Uber update.  Since Last Saturday, when I updated the
Uber app in my new 13 IPhone, I found the layout of the Uber screen to be
quite different from what we are used to seeing when using the app.  I have
found it is not so easy to enter the destination or the pickup location when
scheduling a ride.  There are a dcouple of search buttons and a button
asking for a destination and for the pickup location to be entered.  There
is also a feature called Move the Map.  Whenever I have tried to dictate my
destination or the pickup location, I am not able to activate these features
so that the ride can be scheduled.  I have had to resort to sighted
adssistance to schedule a ride using Uber.  Also, I have also noticed that
the pick up location is not recognized and must be entered.  I have used
Uber for several years now and what usually happens is that the pick up
location is automatically displayed and did not need to be entered since
Location Services on the phone in Settings as well as in the Uber app have
been turned on.  Suffice it to say that this is very frustrating and
disappointing as wellsince Uber has been a very user friendly app to use.
Has any one experienced these issues with the new update? Is there anyone
who is now using Uber with the latest update and if so, what are your
experiences.  I sure would like any help or suggestions that anyone on this
list may have regarding using Uber.  I did check the Lift app and found it
much more user friendly at least for now.  I know that many blind people are
using ride sharing across the country and believe that this is a very
important issue that our organization may need to address since it is vital
that these ride sharing apps need to be accessible.

Thank you for any help or suggestions that any of you may have regarding
this issue.