[Tall-Corn] Sad news from the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa

bray at nfbi.org bray at nfbi.org
Sat Jan 29 17:34:31 UTC 2022

Greetings, I have known Ted for about seventy years. In all of those years I
never knew him to do a half measure of anything. When he took his machinist
training at Tech High  in Des Moines and was later hired at John Deere in
Waterloo he did it with flare and vigor. He and his wife Jan then raised
their family and he was active in his community and church. When he retired
from Deere his focus then turned toward the Federation, his family  and
friends. He lost his sight as a child as a result of being kicked in the
head by a horse. You never had to wonder what he was thinking because he
told you.

Ted has had a profound impact on the lives of blind persons everywhere and
he will certainly be missed.

Bob Ray