[Tall-Corn] FW: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Joy Harris

Joseli Walter joseli at joseliww.us
Sat Jun 25 19:31:24 UTC 2022

I can't seem to get this on the page, so if someone could make sure
Allan sees this, I'd appreciate it.

I first remember meeting Joy when I was about 6 or 7.  She and Allan had
come to do what I later discovered was an interview and photo shoot for
a book I believe is still in circulation today. after we played some
outside and while Allan was talking to my mom, Joy talked to me about
things a child would discuss, school, favorite books, artist, etc. She
told me a story about how my then hero steevey Wonder had broken a
braille writer while messing around at school.  She also introduced me
to the slate and stylus, which I would not master until my late 20s at
the Iowa department for the blind training center, again encouraged much
by Joy and Allan. Thank you for all you did and for making a little girl
believe she could do anything she wanted to do, even though I am blind.