[Tall-Corn] FW: Congratulations to the 2022 scholarship finalists!
Scott Van Gorp
svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu May 12 02:00:00 UTC 2022
FYI. We didn’t have anyone from Iowa this year, but there were some great candidates that very well could have been scholarship finalists. I certainly hope they try again next year!
Scott Van Gorp, President
National Federation of the Blind of Iowa
<mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email
Live the life you want.
The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 2:47 PM
To: Scott Van Gorp <svangorp at nfbi.org>
Subject: Congratulations to the 2022 scholarship finalists!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Celebrate Outstanding Blind Students
Baltimore, Maryland (May 11, 2022): The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the nation’s leading advocate for equal education of the blind, today announced the finalists for its annual scholarship program, which provides financial assistance and connects students with mentoring and other resources. The thirty scholarship finalists are listed below in alphabetical order with their home states and vocational goals. Some students requested to include their home country as well as the U.S. state where they reside. Congratulations to these outstanding finalists:
* Shawn Abraham, MD, U.S. Diplomat
* Nancy Aguilera, MO, Researcher and Professor
* Tasnim Alshuli, AZ, Professor and Consultant
* Katelyn Beresic, WV, Social Worker
* Jovan Campbell, NY, Community Educator
* Justin Champagne, LA, Mathematics Professor
* Jennifer Doran, OR, Climate Change Activist
* Abigail Duffy, NH, Criminal Psychologist
* Teresa Fabre, IL (originally from Mexico), Rehabilitation Therapist
* Ethan Fung, CA, Operations and Environmental Management
* Izzi Guzman, FL, Music Educator and Composer
* Michael Hardin, IN, Social Worker
* Renae Hemmings , NJ, Psychologist
* Natasha Ishaq, NJ, Paleoanthropologist
* Hunter Kuester, WI, Brewery and Kitchen Owner
* Maura Kutnyak, NY, Civil Rights Attorney
* Robert Lamm, CO, Environmental Engineer
* Katie Lester, AK, Social Worker
* Casey Martin, ND, Speech Language Pathologist
* Daniel Martinez, TX, Educator of Blind Students
* Sarah Menefee, TX, Registered Dietitian
* Selene Monjaraz, TN, Mental Health Therapist or Translator
* Julia Murray, PA, Occupational Therapist
* Finn Paynich, WA, Musical Theater
* Emily Schlenker, KS, Pharmacist
* Carla Scroggins, CA, Global Security Analyst
* Bhavya Shah, CA (originally from India), Data Scientist
* Katelyn Siple, MD, Communications
* Stephanie Valdes, MA, Interpreter and Translator
* Colin Wong, WA, Vocational Rehabilitation Researcher
“The scholarship program is one of our most important initiatives,” said Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind. “We are proud to honor these blind scholars, each of whom are raising expectations and expanding possibilities. The accomplishments of these outstanding students are proof that we, the blind of this nation, can live the lives we want; blindness does not hold us back.”
For more information about the National Federation of the Blind scholarship program, visit https://nfb.org/scholarships <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25750&qid=7147196> .
About the National Federation of the Blind
The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in Baltimore, defends the rights of blind people of all ages and provides information and support to families with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and more. Founded in 1940, the NFB is the transformative membership and advocacy organization of blind Americans with affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. We believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to transform them into reality. Learn more about our many programs and initiatives at https://nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25751&qid=7147196> .
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
410-659-9314, extension 2330
cdanielsen at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25760&qid=7147196>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=19170&qid=7147196&h=a04de06d64bf55cb> Unsubscribe | <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=19170&qid=7147196&h=a04de06d64bf55cb> Opt Out | <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25758&qid=7147196> Sign Up for Our E-newsletter
200 East Wells St.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tall-Corn