[Tall-Corn] State convention logistics, from the convention audio guy

Richard nf5b at mediacombb.net
Thu Aug 3 14:00:48 UTC 2023

Greetings colleagues,

Once again we're preparing for our annual state convention.  Those of us
who register in the old fashioned way now have what we need to get our
paperwork and checks sent off.  That brings me to a couple of logistical
items that will help me move things along smoothly in the audio
department, and be able to work more on solving any last minute technical
issues which might arise.

To wit, last year's banquet, with the house sound technical difficulties
but our zoom listeners getting good audio for the banquet address.  Anil
gave a good one last year, but folks present live and in person didn't get
to enjoy it as well thanks to a house sound technical issue.

One of the items I find I need over and above those offered by the hotel
are microphone stands.  FOr reaching over podiums, etc. I often prefer a
short boom.

So, that brings me to my request.  If you have access to a boom microphone
stand, and are either traveling by car to Des Moines or live in the city,
please lend it to us for the convention.  I'll make sure it returns to you
unharmed at the conclusion of the banquet Saturday evening.

Such things are difficult at best to transport via Greyhound, and I'm
already going to be wrestling a backpack full of audio gear plus suitcase
and laptop bag.  It would sure make my life easier.

Regards,

Richard Webb