[Tall-Corn] Sad news from the Old Capitol chapter

Dr. Bitrus Gwamna bgwamna at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:38:51 UTC 2023

May his soul rest in peace.

Bitrus

From: Tall-Corn <tall-corn-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Scott Van Gorp
via Tall-Corn
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 9:39 PM
To: NFBI Listserv <tall-corn at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Scott Van Gorp <svangorp at nfbi.org>
Subject: [Tall-Corn] Sad news from the Old Capitol chapter

Good Evening Federation Family:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the death of James Snyder, a member
of the Old Capitol chapter in Iowa City. James had been battling health
challenges off and on over the years, but his positive attitude and warn
spirit enabled him to better his life and the lives of blind people in Iowa
City and beyond. James passed away on August 26, 2023 after his family had a
chance to be near him to say their goodbyes. We do not have service
information at this time, but will certainly pass it along when and if it
becomes available. I've only known James through virtual chapter meetings,
but it was certainly a pleasure to get to know him as long as I did. Please
keep James and his family and the Old Capitol chapter in your thoughts and
prayers during this time.

Yours in the Movement:

Email <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org>

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.