[Tall-Corn] Reminders for the National Federation of the Blind of Iowa state convention

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Thu Aug 31 02:51:48 UTC 2023

Good evening Federation Family:!

Here are just a few reminders for our 2023 convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of Iowa.

*	If you have not registered yet, please do so. Preregistration closes
on September 1. You can register online at

2023  <https://nfbi.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=3>  of Iowa State
Convention | National Federation of the Blind of Iowa (nfbi.org)

The mail-in form must also be postmarked by September 1 and can be found by
going to

State Convention | National Federation of the Blind of Iowa (nfbi.org)
<https://nfbi.org/convention>

*	Resolutions in final form need to be in to Cindy Ray, resolutions
chair, by September 1. You may contact her by phone at 515-334-7231 or by
email at cindyray at gmail.com <mailto:cindyray at gmail.com>
*	If you are intrested in running for the board this year for two
positions, please get your name into Bob Ray, nominating chair by contacting
him at 515-334-7231 or by email at bray at nfbi.org <mailto:bray at nfbi.org> .
*	Please take note of the door prize information previously sent by
our door prize coordinator, Becky Young, and please reach out to Becky f you
have any questions on door prizes.
*	There may still be rooms available for conbention, but you will need
to contact Troy Thompson at the Holiday Innn directlhy to reserve. Please
contact Troy by calling 515-727-0405 as soon as possible, because we do not
know how long any available rooms will last.

The agenda is just about ready, so be looking for that so you know what
sessions or meetings you would be interested in attending! If you are
interested in being a part of discussions around forming a senior division
or group in Iowa, we encourage you to be at the hotel at 11AM on Friday,
September 15, where we will be holding a meeting to discuss the
possibilities. The location will be in the agenda. We'll also have exhibits,
the At Large in-person meeting and resolutions committee meeting and general
sessions on Friday and Saturday, and of course the banquet! You don't want
to miss this convention, so register today. I can't wait to see who will be
there. More information to come, so stay tuned!

 <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org> Email

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.