[Tall-Corn] FW: Section XIII SSB 1123 and HSB 126

Scott Van Gorp svangorp at nfbi.org
Sun Mar 5 04:14:04 UTC 2023

Hi Jonathan:

If you look a little further down the road though, we fear that this step in
independence of the Commission board with respect to the director is just
the first phase of a larger plan to consolidate the agency under an
umbrella. The attached position letter that I sent to the legislators and
that is being resent here speaks more directly to these bills.  I think what
Bob was going for here is historical context that outlines what has happened
to other states and what could ultimately happen in Iowa if this slippery
slop continues.

Email <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org>

 <http://www.nfbi.org/> Website

<https://www.facebook.com/National-Federation-Of-the-Blind-Of-Iowa-372681823
082570/posts> Facebook
 <https://twitter.com/nfb_iowa> Twitter
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of Iowa is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.