[Tall-Corn] Photo Request.

Mary McGee mmcatitude at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:25:11 UTC 2023

Hello, Iowa Affiliate!

              Thanks to Scott and the Board, last night I was approved to
resurrect the Affiliate's brochure, which was started, but not finished.  We
discussed several features and we know where we want to go with it.  We plan
to use it for fundraising, advocacy, and public education.

              I am requesting three to five recent photographs from each
Chapter.  Please send them to me at mmcatitude at gmail.com
<mailto:mmcatitude at gmail.com> .  I'd like to have them all by August, if
possible, so that by State Convention, I can have the ones I want selected
and have a prototype of the brochure to present and discuss at State
Convention.

              As I stated, I want photos from within this year.  I want
Chapter activities, which show happy blind people interacting with the
public.  I'd like a few showing Braille use and cane travel, and I want
diversity of the people in the pictures.  I don't really members sitting in
meetings, but rather members hanging out, using Braille, doing a Meet the
Blind Month things, recreating outside, partying inside, whatever they
happen to be doing at the time to show that we can live the lives we want.

              I hope to select two or three photos that reflect our
Affiliate from the twenty or so you send.

              I have high hopes and big plans for this brochure!  We can add
a Braille Alphabet Card and distribute it to the public at events.  We can
add a SASE and place it in funeral homes so people who wish to do so can
leave memorials in honor of loved ones who have passed.
              We also want to have stamps made so that we can stamp each
local Chapter's contact information on the brochure for people to make
inquiries.

              Please send me some pictures as soon as is practicable!

              Thanks much!

Sincerely,

Mary L. McGee