[Tall-Corn] NFBI State Convention Friday, Saturday, Sunday

bray at nfbi.org bray at nfbi.org
Sun Oct 13 17:02:11 UTC 2024

When we started talking about this year's NFBI Convention a few
short months ago it seemed like it was a long way off. Now we are
in the final week before it actually occurs.

You have seen the agenda. You have heard about some of the events
that will occur during the convention. You are ready to welcome
President Mark Riccobono to Iowa.

Here we need to focus on the breakout sessions on Saturday
afternoon. This is a new feature for our convention and some
comments are probably in order. First we have multiple
opportunities to attend a discussion about a topic that you are
interested in on Saturday afternoon. The At Large Chapter meeting
is self-explanatory and members of that chapter have their annual
election during the meeting so it is very important for the
members to participate.

Next, The Fundraising session. Mary McGee has put together a
wonderful session on fundraising that will give you an opportunity
to give ideas and learn ways to help out in this very important
part of our activity.

The History sessions are not for us to tell you the history of the
NFBI but for you to help us fill in details about our history. If
you remember a piece of history, any event that shapes the NFBI to
where we are today, or if you may know of some materials that
would help us pull together our history we need your help.

The Parents of Blind Children and Blind Parents of children are
two sessions that were asked for by participants in the
convention. We need to have people attend these meetings if you
have any thoughts about how we can serve the needs of both of
these groups.

These breakout sessions are something we have never tried before
but we believe may be an exciting way to open increased
possibilities for our future. Please, come participate in as many
of these as you are able to and make your voice heard.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend at the
convention.

Bob Ray