[Tall-Corn] It’s Your Right to Vote—Resources Available

Helen Stevens hstevensnfb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:51:04 UTC 2024

Thanks Jonathan,

These are exactly the kinds of sto
On Sep 10, 2024, at 8:00 PM, iceje89--- via Tall-Corn <tall-corn at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Helen:

We had a school bond issue vote today here in Cedar Rapids.  I had no trouble with getting set up for the special ballot-marking machine, but the screen didn’t go blank for long after I pushed the diamond-shaped button to have it hidden.  I did just fine with marking my ballot, but when it came to reviewing what I’d marked none of the possible options mentioned for doing such a review (up or down arrow or both at once) seemed to get around to announcing to me what I’d marked.  By going back to the “race” I could tell by process of elimination that I had marked my desired “yes” (or “no”) when it said I had selected or unselected my choice.  I printed out the ballot and indeed it was marked as I had desired (with my limited vision I could read the result), but I had no “blind” way of knowing that for sure.  That’s my story.

Jonathan Ice