[Tn-talk] NLS services suspended after midnight

Sheri Anderson sheri.k.anderson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 23:13:15 UTC 2013

Below is message from TN NLS

BARD Patrons,

Unless Congress reaches a last minute compromise  before midnight
tonight, September 30, the National Library for the Blind and
Physically Handicapped (NLS) will be forced to suspend operations.

The BARD download service website will consequently become unavailable
at 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight time, and will remain unavailable until
the congressional budget impasse is resolved.

In addition to the BARD website, other websites maintained by the NLS
will also become unavailable.  Such sites will include the NLS Online
Catalogue and our interlibrary loan request system.

The Tennessee Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped Patrons
will continue its normal hours of operation, from 8:00 Am until 4:30
PM, Mondays through Fridays.  Patrons will still be able to request
books by telephone, email or USPS mail, and to receive titles by mail.

We regret any closure of the BARD service and other NLS-maintained
websites, and hope that – if they are shut down tonight -- these sites
will be restored to service very soon.

Assistant Director

Tennessee Library for the Blind

    and Physically Handicapped