[Tn-talk] {Spam?}RE: [TN-talk] Court House presence requested in support of blind parents' rights

Dewey Bradley deweybradley at twc.com
Wed Mar 16 16:10:34 UTC 2016

I support you, I'm a totally blind person, but I live in Missouri, I'm on
here because I like to keep up with the goings on in the state, I would like
to live in Nashville someday, but I always stay in the tourist areas when I
come out every year.
I see the things that go on there.
Here in Missouri we had to get a law passed several years ago that doesn't
allow them to look at disability when trying to take someone's child, there
was a case about 6 or 7 years ago with baby Micaela, the brand new mom was
learning how to Brest feed, she was having the same trouble as every other
new mom, the state took the child for a few months, in this case it was the
Missouri Counsel of the blind that stepped in, not shore what, if anything
the NFB did about it, but they got the law passed.
I had a friend out in Colorado who went through this with her granddaughter,
never mind the fact she already raised her sighted daughter, but a cab
driver, without asking questions called the child protection services, and
she had to have this same fight.
One would think the state of Tennessee would look at the law here in
Missouri and look how that turned out.
Every state has different laws, but they need to look at others and see what
kind of trouble it causes.
Good luck to you!!