[Trainer-talk] a netbook

Lynn Zelvin lynn.zelvin at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 20:30:58 UTC 2009

I have an ACER netbook with a 6 cell battery that runs five hours,
almost to the minute with constant use. When I use it to read a book
it runs longer. You can buy larger batteries or a backup battery to
extend the life.
the acer has a lovely little keyboard and basically works fine. I've
been told the MSI and the Asus support JAWS better. I don't know
personally. The acer does not have built-in blue tooth but does have
three USB  ports if you wanted to use a bluetooth dongle. I would
really recommend getting one upgraded to 2 gig RAM or that can be
easily upgraded. The acer cannot unless you want to follow on-line
directions on how to crack the case and violate the warranty and
remove the insides piece by piece and put them back together.   I
think the extra RAM is important enough that I won't recommend this
one even though I love it.

Lynn Zelvin