[Trainer-talk] Netbooks and transfers

Chip Johnson cjohnson at cocenter.org
Mon Mar 2 16:00:20 UTC 2009

Hi Jim,
My experience has been that programs generally work better with a fresh
install rather than just copying folders from one machine to another.
I'm sure office creates lots of entries in the system registry when it
installs telling Windows what kinds of files it can open, etc. These
wouldn't be present if you just copy from one PC to another. If you can
find your serial number, maybe you can get another CD from Microsoft.
There's a program available online called keyfinder which will give you
your Office key. HTH.