[Trainer-talk] One-handed keyboard software

Beth Koenig bethko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 02:07:36 UTC 2009

In Windows Vista it's the Ease of Access Center. You want to setup the
system to use toggle keys. Then it's just a matter of learning to
touch type with one hand. Many computer programmers and engineers
learned to do that so their free hand can be used for other work
related tasks. Some editions of Mavis Bacon Teaches Typing come with a
manual on how to type with one hand on a regular qwerty keyboard.
Beth Koenig
bethko at gmail.com
Director of Deaf Blind Services
Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center
2960 Main Street A100
Irvine, CA 92614
http://www.deafadvocacy.org/dbs
Health, safety, and productivity are the cornerstones of independence.
At the Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center we provide the training and
services necessary for the deaf and disabled to achieve equality and
independence in all areas of life.