[Trainer-talk] free open source screen reader?

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:44:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am looking for volunteers for an idea I have to create a free open source screen reader for Symbian 2nd and 3rd edition and beyond phones. Like NVDA for Symbian which would use all free open source components: such as ESpeak for speech output and brltty for braille output. I'm tired of paying $300 if I had wanted to buy Talks so I think I'll just make my own Symbian screen reader and release it as open source software. Also woould be cool if someday we could have free OCR software for Symbian.

Josh