[Trainer-talk] Free Trainer Evaluation Training

CathyAnne cathy at accesstechnologyinstitute.com
Wed Apr 28 20:42:00 UTC 2010

I've never claimed to be the only game in town for certifying trainers and
my website clearly states the trainers on the page are "ATI Certified
Trainers."

I'm not sure how much more clear I could be.  The website is specifically
for my business and I'm not sure how having my graduates listed could do
anyone any harm.  They worked hard for their certificates and deserve
recognition for their accomplishment.  I won't apologize for giving them the
recognition they deserve.

While I would like to think I have influence in this great world of Access
Technology, I know only a tiny fraction of the blind people in this world
have visited my site.

My classes are based totally online, I don't have any stake in the
employment of my graduates.  While I do continue to provide services to my
graduates at no charge for the life of ATI, I don't have any stake in their
employment or claim on their income.  They are all independent entities.

My goal is to change the quality of training in our community to the best of
my ability.  I'm willing to work with anyone to reach that goal.  I don't
see anyone as my competition.  I'm completely internet based and confine my
advertising for profit to lists that are specifically to that purpose.

The materials I advertise on this list and the one other that accepts my
postings are always free of charge and without any strings attached.

I'm sorry if anyone feels I've stepped on their toes by writing the trainer
evaluation handbook but please keep in mind it is one person's
recommendation on one website out of millions.

Whatever other claims have been made such as my claiming to be the
"instructors of all instructors" or the statement that   there aren't other
"competent instructors out there" have never been claims I've made.  They
were thrust upon me by others.  I appreciate honest critiques of my work but
the opinions stated in this thread were hurtful and unnecessary.  I also
feel they were beneath the level of professionalism for which this list has
become known.

I appreciate David's support and, with his permission, will continue to post
when I have materials I feel will benefit our community as a whole.  As for
the rest of this thread, you've heard my final comments.

Any further personal opinions of the ilk stated in this thread will be
deleted without comment.

I wish you all a wonderful week.

CathyAnne

---