[Trainer-talk] NCLB Braille Exam at NFB National Convention

Liz Bottner liz.bottner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:02:01 UTC 2010

This is perhaps off-topic, but I take it this exam isn't mandatory? I'm
really struggling with the fact that not all teachers of blind students know
Braille sufficiently and yet are supposed to teach it to children. I've been
toying with the idea of developing some kind of national certification
requirement for all teachers of blind students. I'm not even sure if this
has been done or what, but I really would like to see something done about
this. I don't even have any formal document drafted, but I do have ideas,
which I won't go into here.

Take care, and again, I apologize if this is off-topic. I was just curious
if anyone knew if the exam was mandatory or not, although from the looks of
things, I guess it isn't.

Liz

email:
liz.bottner at gmail.com