[Trainer-talk] Advice regarding a new computer and Windows 7

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 10:36:05 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

Well, I did it.  After several months of looking, asking questions, etc, I
purchased a new Toshiba Satellite Notebook computer.  I think this will be a
great computer and I'm looking forward to getting it up and going.

I will be running the JAWS 12 64 bit version.

What I'd like to know is what I need to do to get it working well with JAWS
and if there are any settings I need to fix or change so that it is more
"blind friendly."

I'm also wanting to know if there are new tutorials out there for learning
all about Windows 7.  Just when I think I have a good grasp on Vista, I get
Windows 7.  This is good for me though because I also have to teach folks
with this system.

So, any advice on getting this computer up and running correctly and with
optimum results, let me know.

Thanks!

Jim