[Trainer-talk] NVDA 2011.1 Release Candidate Now Online

David Goldfield disciple1211 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 26 04:20:42 UTC 2011

Hi.  This is probably not news to NVDA users.  However, for those who
don't follow the progress of this screen reader there is a release
candidate for the upcoming version 2011.1 online at www.nvda-project.org.
I've been a user of this screen reader since late 2009 and I find it to
be stable and very usable.  While it is probably not the most
appropriate choice for people in a corporate environment it is quite
acceptable for many casual and even savvy home users.  It is free and
open source and works well with Firefox, Thunderbird and Outlook
Express.  It has adequate support for Microsoft Word and Excel, IBM
Lotus Symphony and, if you're willing to invest in a little drama,
Openoffice.  It is a good choice for students who can't afford the cost
of access to Windows via standard screen readers.

David