[Trainer-talk] Recording both, my voice and PC sounds in same recording?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:12:01 UTC 2011

Hi guys: I don't remember if I introduced myself. I'm Gerardo from Mexico
and subscribed on here to learn about how to train (be it via podcast or
live) blind folks in technology and hope to learn lots of tips and tritricks
from you all!
I guess I'm not on such bad track of training because on
http://imagina.byethost9.com
I record podcasts on technology in Spanish if those of you who know spanish
want to give a visit.
Also I got a LogicTech USB mike for christmas and want to be able to record
both, my voice along with the PC sounds; with the regular plug-in microphone
(those that cost about 5-10 dollars which you plug into the PC's Mike jack);
using Windows Default Audio97 soundcard on my laptop and by going to Stereo
mix and activating as well as activating the don't mute so you can hear
yourself on the headphones, the topic is resolved, but how about with the
Lotictech mike? I go into the Properties and don't find all the tabs found
in the regular Windows soundcard so that I can check the stereo mix and mute
options! What happened was that when the PC detected the USB mike, it
installed some kind of a soundcard specific to the mike so any ideas, or is
it impossible to accomplish the task of recording both your voice and system
sounds? Also is there a way to equal my voice volume with the PC sound
volume recording in stereo mix like I do with the regular plug-in mike or is
this when a mixer is necessary?
I do this to make the podcasts more enjoyable to listen to like I hear those
on Main Menu and other programs.
Gerardo