[Trainer-talk] list of self-instruction resources for your clients

Kerryann Ifill ksbf at caribsurf.com
Wed Jul 18 00:07:29 UTC 2012

Good evening,

I work as an AT trainer in Barbados and I was hoping that someone from this
list might be able to assist me.
I want to start a sort of group for persons who have recently lost their
vision. Does anyone have any articles they could share with me to assist
with my preparations for this undertaking?
Also, if anyone could suggest some a resource for developing a kind of
assessment tool to see what level they are at in terms of their coping and
rehabilitation that would be a great help.
Unfortunately, we are without certified vision rehabilitation therapists
here and I'm winging this on my past training gin counselling and my
personal life as a totally blind person.  Any assistance would help. I may
be contacted off list at ksbf at caribsurf.com

Regards
Kerryann Ifill

This is revised from the one I sent out on the infotech list (some stuff was
old).  It is new for Trainer Talk.

Julie Adkins, MA, CVRT

Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist

Metrolina Association for the Blind

704 Louise Avenue

Charlotte, NC 28204

704-887-5121

www.mabnc.org

for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential
message.