[Trainer-talk] item for sale

David Goldfield disciple1211 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 16 17:32:21 UTC 2012

I'm not sure that I agree with you on this issue.  If I received a gift
from someone for an occasion such as my birthday am I wrong to offer it
for sale just because I did not have to pay for the item? If someone is
offering to sell an item, whether it's a book or a computer, it doesn't
occur to me to ask whether the seller acquired the item at no cost or
whether it was purchased as a new or used item.  In 1987 I received a
Versabraille P2C as a gift.  When it no longer met my needs I sold it
two years later for around $2400.00. The buyer didn't ask how much I
might have paid for the item and I have no guilt whatsoever in what I
did as long as I sold it for a fair price.