[Trainer-talk] students in spanish class

Julie Adkins jadkins at mabnc.org
Sun Nov 18 21:40:12 UTC 2012

Do you mean Learning Ally?

-----Original Message-----
From: Trainer-talk [mailto:trainer-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Dean Martineau
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:43 PM
To: List for teachers and trainers of adaptive technology
Subject: Re: [Trainer-talk] students in spanish class

No, Pimsleur is not as "modern" as Rosetta Stone, but it really doesn't
matter; the student can use it, and cannot use Rosetta Stone. The college is
going to have to educate according to the student, not according to the
methodology. In the end, the important thing is that the student can do the
necessary reading, writing, speaking and reading in Spanish, whether or not
he uses the same techniques to get there as everybody else. He does need to
learn to produce the inverted exclamation mark and inverted question mark.
Again, this is easy if he is using JAWS and still not difficult if using
some other screen reader with Word. Another good source of materials is
Learning chlly if somebody has a membership. They have all sorts of
textbooks, possibly including the student's own text, in pretty good audio
format.

Dean