[Trainer-talk] eye-pal and Kurzweil

laotab laotab at msn.com
Tue Sep 18 01:00:21 UTC 2012

Whenever possible we get our clients to use a scanner.  Even if they have to
go to their clients house.  easier to set the scanner on the table or floor
and get a flat pressed paper than juggle a camera and paper.  Plus some
people are taking a picture of mailed documents that create a fold or shadow
or the paper has wrinkles.  Taking a picture of a text book you have the
beginning of the sentences that start to round towards the bind of the book.
and depending on where they are doing the scanning, it being school or a
house it is easier to balance the scanner on their lap, laptop on a table
and the scanner will still press it flat.  With a picture available surface
may be an issue.
And even if the person is comfortable at what they do and with their
clients...who wants to retake a picture if it doesn't come out right more
than 2 times.
A laptop and flat scanner fits fine in a roll laptop bag, easy to transport;
no worries about weight.

Bridget A. Toal
Office Manager

Synergy-Tech Computing & Consulting