[Trainer-talk] Stand Alone Scanner

Nancy Coffman nancylc at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 25 01:39:27 UTC 2012

www.accessibility.net might have some refurbished or "open box" units.  The
Sara is the most recent stand-alone scanning device I have used.  There are
also a few closed circuit televisions now from GW Micro and Optelek that do
OCR.  If you have a dealer that carries several brands nearby, I would try
to get the client in to look at what is available.  I know there are many
options that I am not thinking of.  It has been a while since I have seen
HumanWare's option or the most recent scanner from Gorilla Technologies.

Nancy Coffman